Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chiang Mai

So, a little more information on where I am going.  Most of you know (or should know) that I am going to Thailand. I mean, it's the title of this blog. Anyway, I've had quite a few people tell me to be careful of the ocean and tsunamis, so I thought I should clear that up.  I will be staying in Chiang Mai, a  landlocked city in the northern mountainous region of the country. They have about twice the population of Columbia, MO.


To get there, I will take a flight from St. Louis to Dallas, another from Dallas to Seoul, and finally from Seoul to Chiang Mai. Including all layover and flight time, it will clock in at about 28 hours of traveling. And I thought the 10-hour car rides to Minneapolis were long...

Chiang Mai is 12 hours ahead of Missouri, so my schedule will be completely switched. But my parents are happy because all they have to do is switch the AM and PM to figure out what time it is where I am. Once I arrive, I will have a couple days to get adjusted. There will be time to explore the neighborhood and meet the other interns as they arrive. Then to work! Filming begins the first week of June. I can't wait to see everything and share it all!   

No comments:

Post a Comment