Thursday, May 30, 2013

Seoul

Holy crap I'm in Asia! Landed in Seoul half an hour ago, now waiting for my third and final flight to Chiang Mai. At least the longest flight is over... I spent 14 hours on the last plane. This next one should only be about four hours. But still a very long time when you're tired. Only got about two hours of sleep the night before leaving Columbia, and about two hours total on the plane. Amazingly, there is a Caribou Coffee right by my current gate. And a Hello Kitty cafe, but I expect that one here.


So far, I am very impressed with Korean Air. I was sitting in the very back of the plane, the cheapest tickets I could find, and still the seats were nice and roomy. Plus when I got to my seat there was a pile of goodies on it. A super soft blanket, a pillow, a bottle of water, a sleep mask, slippers, a toothbrush, and Loreal lotion. I had a window seat, and there was no one next to me which meant extra elbow room. A lucky bonus. Each seat had a personal video screen, and the selection of movies was good. Ended up watching The Hobbit, Silver Linings Playbook, Django Unchained, Oz the Great and Powerful, and Skyfall. Obviously, it was a very long flight.

The food was surprisingly good for airplane food, too. We were served three meals. They went in reverse order because of the time differences, so dinner was first. They served Bibimbap, which is a make your own kind of meal. It comes with rice, veggies, spices, and sauce and you have to mix it together. I think the flight attendant could tell I'd never had it before because she gave me a brochure on how to mix it. I felt pretty slow, considering everyone around me was finished while I was still reading the instructions. The finished product:


It was lovely. And free drinks! I had a glass of white wine while eating dinner and watching The Hobbit. This was just relaxing enough to get me settled in for the long ride. The flight attendants kept filling up my glass. It would be halfway gone and then they'd fill it to the brim again. So maybe it was more than one glass...

Gotta go, Chiang Mai flight is boarding!

5 comments:

  1. Love it, Emily! What a neat experience for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a fancy design in your airplane pudding? Also, I wonder what kind of food Hello Kitty makes at her cafe.

    Can't wait to see your next post!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha what a flight! i can't believe you stayed awake so long. And that they actually fed you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Korean Air is the best! I took that 14 hour flight to Seoul so many times - gotta love those personal movie screens for those of us who can't sleep on planes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those are a life saver. I did think of you a few times on the flight. I thought, if Alison can do it I can do it : )

      Delete