Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hot Day

Another hot and humid day here in Chiang Mai. One of our Thai guides told us that Thailand has three seasons: hot, hotter, and hottest. And supposedly we are in the hot season. Can't imagine what the hottest is like. Last night, a group of five of us walked around downtown for dinner. Can't remember the name of the place, but the menu was pretty limited English. So I just took a risk and pointed to something on the list. This is what came out:


It was some sort of pork dish with lots of vegetables and in a sweet and spicy sauce. It was delicious! And what's more, little plates of what I guess were side dishes kept coming out. I thought surely they weren't all for me, but everyone got their own. By the end, I think something like 10 mini dishes were brought. My roommate May was checking them out:


And all together, including a large Thai beer, it cost around $4.00. Someone told me this is an expensive meal for Thailand. It never ceases to amaze me what things cost here.

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmm! Your roommate goes with the picture so well since she is exotic. At least everything is so cheap, you can't even get a value meal at McDonald's for that...

    ReplyDelete