Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Night Market

A couple girls and I took a walk down to the night bazaar for dinner and possibly a little shopping last night. It was a beautiful, cool evening. The perfect temperature for strolling around. We took the route that lines the river.


We all got something different to eat. I was in the mood for noodles, and there is definitely no shortage of those.


It is really fun just to walk around and watch the venders make food. Got some gyoza a little later. I know Gabby would eat all they have, especially because you can get a dozen for about a dollar.



Did a little shopping, then it started to drizzle so we decided to head back to the house. About half way home, someone spotted a street cart selling something called rotee. She said, "Oh, you have to try it!" It is a Thai pancake with different fruits and things folded inside. We ordered a banana and nutella one. It took about two minutes to make, and I was eager to taste it. It was absolutely heavenly! The outside was crispy and light, and the inside was gooey with the fillings. My new favorite dessert... And only $0.50!


Will need to watch them make it more closely next time, then maybe I can recreate it at home. I have a feeling I'm going to crave these.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun evening out! The rotee does sound intriguing especially if you could pick your fillings - I could get creative with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know they have Nutella in Thailand! I love reading about your adventure, by the way! By the way, I have NO IDEA why my user name is Money Tunes... This is Gena :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm glad you told me! Sometimes people comment and I have no idea who it is. And for some reason, Nutella is really popular here. They put it on all sorts of sweets. Pancakes, doughnuts, muffins, etc.

    ReplyDelete